Wicked Nouk Family » Welcome! » Deleted Stuff » DourSim (Moderator: Dour)
 » Improvements
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improvements  (Read 14083 times)

September 02, 2007, 11:18:14 PM

Offline Dour

• secret slapper
  • RICH DAVIS
    • doursim
Improvements
« on: September 02, 2007, 11:18:14 PM »
Have a suggestion for Doursim site/forum?  Please post it here.

Scheduled changes:

Revamp preview image system (again) <--partially finished :D
update... eventually... <.<   >.>
The sexy commando organization?  Yes...  In short: "sexorgan!"

September 14, 2007, 12:48:06 AM

Caronine

Re: Improvements
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:48:06 AM »
I have a comment about the french traduction, in your site. It's, hum, quite approximative.  :D I'm french, so I laugh when I see it. In the homepage, it's not "accueillez à Doursim" (that means nothing)   :omg:  but : "bienvenue à Doursim". Bienvenue is the real traduction of welcome.

Otherwise, your clothes are pretty, thanks for this nice work.

September 14, 2007, 06:44:17 AM

Offline Dour

• secret slapper
  • RICH DAVIS
    • doursim
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 06:44:17 AM »
Well if you're willing to go through it I'd welcome a correct translation.  You know, I've had 2 native french speakers "translate" my site for me.  Do any of you guys actually speak the same language?

September 23, 2007, 06:39:35 AM

Offline Bliss

• Girl.Anachronism
  • Close Family Friend
  • - Electrostatic -
    • Imaginary
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 06:39:35 AM »
oh haha I was about to say same thing about the german translations. Srsly, some of them are barely understandable (the faq for example, internet means internet in german but somehow it's translated "cobweb" ahem XD) ... If you want  more correct translations, feel free to pm me and I'll try  :p
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

September 23, 2007, 09:09:19 AM

Offline Twig79

• Wicked Harlequinne
  • Close Family Friend
  • More Than Human
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 09:09:19 AM »
Yes, I saw a few weird sentences in french in the FAQ.. but french is not my first language and even though I speak quite well and use it all the time, I have some difficulty to understand 'formal' french.. I understand what it means, but i couldn't repeat the phrase.. lol sometimes it's not really logical. So that's why I didn't say anything, I thought it was just me :)

September 23, 2007, 09:29:03 AM

Offline Dour

• secret slapper
  • RICH DAVIS
    • doursim
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 09:29:03 AM »
Lol you guys have no idea how much it frustrates me that I have native speakers who check over these translations for me and stuff is still 'barely understandable'  :ugg  I'm like... did you people even READ it? lol.  Any suggestions are appreciated, Bliss, prepare to be PMd :P

September 23, 2007, 09:46:21 AM

Offline Bliss

• Girl.Anachronism
  • Close Family Friend
  • - Electrostatic -
    • Imaginary
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:46:21 AM »
You're already pmed back haha xD I'mma do my best ^^  lol omg who in the world understands that "Spinnenweben-Stelle" (cobweb-place) is a ahem very free translation of "site"? Srsly o_O 
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

September 30, 2007, 01:22:33 PM

Offline RenegadeSims

• Kitty in a box
  • WNF Supporter
    • RenegadeSims
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 01:22:33 PM »
Aww, Dour! lol There are generally many "versions" or whatever of different languages, so you can have a native speaker look it over, but they might be from a different region than another person, who may read it and say, "Whaaat??"

I think Cobweb place came from trying to have "web site" translated, so the person who read it may have seen it as "web" rather than cobweb lol

Good luck!! :)

October 14, 2007, 11:47:32 AM

pomme-kiwi

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 11:47:32 AM »
Great site!  <3 I like your clothes.

For your french translation, "hosted" is "hébergé" and not at all "organisé". And for "casual" we all say "décontracté" but that's not important because it's understandable.

October 28, 2007, 09:22:26 AM

Offline flusen

• Family Friend
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 09:22:26 AM »
Uhm... xD" Just to add some more... I thought that you could maybe change the "Männer" in the German drop-down menu to "Herren"... Sounds better when you see it with "Damen" but that's just me. xD"
Seems there aren't many Spanish guys here. (afaik it's only "Bienvenida a Doursim" (so without "dé la") but I'm not native so yaaah..... ^^")

€: I found some more. They're all not really bad mistakes but I think it'd sound more natural if you change that. :)
- under Accessoires: "Ketten" (instead of "Halskette"), "Sonnenbrillen" (instead of "Sonnenbrille", or maybe just "Brillen" if you want to upload more than just sunglasses ^^") and "Anderes" (instead of "Etwas anderer" (which had to be "Etwas Anderes" anyway...))
- under Make Up: "Masken"
- Household = "Haushalt"  (Wohnhäuser = residential houses) and there, in "Möbel", instead of "Bequemlichkeit" you should choose "Komfort" (cause that's also the need's in-game name, I guess)
- swimsuits = "Badeanzüge" you should make sure to use the plural forms everywhere. ^^ (if you plan to make trunks for the guys: "Badehosen" ^^)

Your FAQ's great.... ^^" If you want to I can check that as well (it sounds like some of my French friends speaking German <3)

Sorry, but I was just bored atm so I checked all the threads here and my internet behaves worse than 56k xD" so WTF?! -____-

February 10, 2008, 05:06:09 AM

Offline elpemmy

• WNF Supporter
    • Uptown Chic
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 05:06:09 AM »
This isn't really an improvement, but I didn't know where else to post. A couple weeks ago I applied to be an artist on Doursim, and have had no reply. Could I have a reply, please?
Thank you

February 18, 2008, 02:57:26 PM

Offline Dour

• secret slapper
  • RICH DAVIS
    • doursim
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 02:57:26 PM »
omg sorry Elpemmy, I never ever ever come to this part of the forum!